I have been working with organizations for years now, helping them with donor acquisition and cultivation. I’ve often wondered why the church doesn’t regularly move toward their key stakeholders and providers to disciple them in the areas stewardship and generosity. Shouldn’t churches begin to discuss and research such topics as :
- Discipleship in Biblical Money Management
- Discipleship in Generous Living [some call Stewardship training and/or Philanthropy]
- Major Gift cultivation [nonprofit principles in a church context, donor nurture]
- The establishment of an Endowment or Foundations [locally or with NCF – http://www.nationalchristian.com/%5D
- Legacy Giving [wills, trusts, endowments]
Let me know if I can help.