When you manage dozens of major donor relationships, you must have a system for tracking key information. You may capture this in your data base, or in a simple Word document, or even on a note card… the key is: CAPTURE IT. Here are some key categories to track. What would you add?
- Contact Information: Address, Email, Phone with Preferences for communications
- History with Organization including key Relationships
- Family Information: Spouse, children with birthdates
- Personal Interests
- History of Interactions: Meetings, mailings, events, etc.
- Giving History
- Key Networks – Personal, Business, Boards
- My Next Steps – action items with timelines
Subscribe to this blog for notification of new content…. just click on the button in the menu.
Your comments are welcome… add a bullet point for us.
Want some guidance with your organization challenges? Email me, I’d be glad to help.