Ask intelligent questions – By asking intelligent questions (and not questions you could find out from a quick Google search), you’ll not only impress the interviewer with your interest but also set yourself apart from the competition. Such questions may include:
- Why is this position open? (Find out why the previous person left or if it’s a new role in a growing company)
- What traits or experience would a person need to be successful in this role?
- What are the top goals for the person you hire in this role?
- What’s your management style (or the management style of the hiring manager)?
- What would you change about… the company, culture, department, etc.?
- What are the next steps in this process?