1. Connect to hearts and minds before you connect to wallets.
2. Donors expect and deserve a good return on their charitable gifts/investments
3. You can never thank a donor, volunteer or staff member too often. They are your keys to success.
4. Start now. There’s never a “better” time to start the process, whether cultivation or solicitation.
5. Identify prospects based on both financial ability and inclination to support your organization specifically.
6. Your best prospects are current donors.
7. Keep in mind that people give to people, not to causes. Peer solicitation is most effective, and a “team” approach of staff/volunteer can be powerful.
8. Before you ask others, you must give yourself. You will not be successful if you cannot convey your own passion for the cause.
9. Keep it simple. The best way to raise money is to ask, and the best way to ask is face to face.
10. Your Axiom! Please share…